Monday, October 15, 2012

What is your cloud strategy?



Where is the Cloud going over the next few years? Have you defined your strategy to move there yet?

According to Forrester's projection, the global market for cloud computing will grow from $40.7 billion in 2011 to more than $241 billion in 2020. Software-as-a-service (SaaS) will play the most dominant role and will be an estimated market of about $80 billion in 2015. SaaS will especially disrupt the customer relationship management (CRM), HR, and governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) software markets in coming years, and it has already disrupted other software categories such as content management and ePurchasing solutions.

Clearly the cloud isn't going away. Are you on board?

5 comments:

  1. Hi Michael, i try to be on board with this. In fact i have a friend who works for a company who designed and sell their own "Cloud" software. I try to use Google as my Cloud, but i simply cannot get myself to do it on a regular basis. I am set up on Google as a nonprofit and i have tested utilizing Cloud type options but i worry about sensitivity so i do not use it fully. Instead i simply have everything on a flash drive. THOUGHTS???

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] What is your cloud strategy? « Business Technology Partner. Rate this:Share this:Like this:LikeBe the first to like this. [...]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lance, I understand the concerns. It is safe particularly if you complex passwords. As we connect more and more from multiple devices, it makes that a snap. I was cautious at first but I am almost 100% there now. I use my Smartphone a lot so a USB drive won't work for me. I say go with whatever works for and don't worry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Michael, i understand. I use my PC mainly for all my business stuff as far as documents etc. i do not "create" anything other then an email or a recording on my smartphone. I still use my smartphone for mainly voice or text communication! LOL :-))!

    ReplyDelete
  5. [...] What is your cloud strategy? (businesstechnologypartner.wordpress.com) [...]

    ReplyDelete