Saturday, October 6, 2012

Remember when the family gathered in the living room to watch TV?

The old idea of families gathering in the living room to watch TV together undistracted is on its way out, if not gone already. Today, people actively use tablets and smartphones while they watch, and sometimes even watch TV entirely on these mobile devices. This is more than a fad.

Last night I wanted to watch the Atlanta Braves and the Texas Rangers. I also had a local homecoming game to go to. Not a problem. I subscribe to MLB.tv. I stated on cable. Moved (still at home) to my iPad as I got ready to go. Switched again to my iPhone at the game.

I have one child who gave up their set top box in their room. All they do is stream. Two others stream Netflix a lot on their phones. My wife and I use Apple TV a lot.

[caption id="" align="alignright" width="240"]Intel Mobile Device Intel Mobile Device (Photo credit: Frank Gruber)[/caption]

Is traditional TV and cable going the way of newspapers? What are the implication for advertising?

1 comment:

  1. If some one needs to be updated with hottest technologies after that he must be
    pay a quick visit this website and be up to date every day.

    ReplyDelete