Tuesday, September 11, 2012

How often does this happen and how difficult is it to do right?

I called a company I do business with a lot yesterday. I was calling from my cell phone. I knew it would be about a 30 minute conversation. My fear was that the call would drop. At the start of the call, the representative took my phone number so I thought, OK, I'll be fine if the call drops. They can call me back.

So, sure enough, the call dropped after about 20 minutes and I had given them lots of information. I waited for the representative to call me back. Nothing.

I call back and get a different representative and have to start all over again. Really?

This doesn't seem to difficult to enable. Seems like something you would empower your representatives to do. Unfortunately, I've never seen it done.

Should be a basic of a better experience at a call center. I need to check and see how we do it at my own service (call) center. I hope we do better.

2 comments:

  1. Michael, I agree. Have had similar experiences. And it's not the call centre staff that are at fault.. it's the lack of empowerment of the staff and the systems and processes they work to. This is not the case for all call centres.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The good news is that someone did call back about 24 hours later. Still haven't had time to call them back. :)

    ReplyDelete