Wednesday, September 5, 2012

How not to miss a beat all day long.

You know technology is moving fast. So are customer expectations. Adoption of multiple devices is now the norm. I connect from my work laptop, iPad, iPhone, and home iMac on any given day. Most of what I connect to is pervasive from device to device. Just today I have used a "to do" manager on the web via a laptop, my iPhone and my iPad. Everything I need to do is always synched and up to date. I love it. But that is also my expectation now for how things work.

Consider this from Forrester Research:

  • Thirty-two percent of US online adults accessed the Internet from multiple physical locations using a PC only; for example, from home, work, and the sidelines of a son's soccer game.

  • Forty-five percent of all US mobile subscribers owned a smartphone in 2011, slightly less than doubling from just two years before, when only 24% owned one. Forrester forecasts that more than half of US mobile subscribers will own smartphones by the end of 2012. And, in Western Europe, they expect smartphone penetration to jump from 34% in 2011 to 67% by 2016.

  • Thirty-six percent of US adults with a mobile phone access the mobile Internet at least monthly or more often. In 2010, only 23% engaged in this behavior. Western European adults with a mobile phone accessing the mobile Internet at least monthly or more often grew from 9% to 18% from 2009 to 2011.


We can all connect and interact from multiple devices all day long without missing a beat. What opportunities does this present for us to improve the customer experience?

1 comment:

  1. We finally got smartphones but only because it is actually saving us $120 per month opposed to oour old phones. It was a no-brainer and i am very glad we did it. I had told myself i didn't ever want it but man the things it helps me do out in the streets is priceless.

    ReplyDelete