Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Why open social collaboration platforms will disrupt the enterprise market in 2013 and beyond

Organizational Learning Culture Mind Map

I think this is spot on and I suggest you read the whole article. Social and open are not just the latest big thing. It is real and you will regret it if you don't "get it". In the year 2017 you and your career will regret it if you don't get on board now. Open is happening now and it is not just the future.

It is definitely not just about the technology. It is all about how people want to work. It is all about our corporate culture and strategy. It is all about the process of change and real adoption.
The majority of businesses aren’t run efficiently and employees lack the tools and equipment necessary to do their jobs. Quite a wide sweeping statement, I know. But I’ve also been in the trenches. And I realize it’s not for lack of trying. I’ve worked with companies who hired consultant after consultant to help with productivity recommendations, workflow suggestions and overall team building — all in the name of doing better business. These investments never quite had the impact leadership hoped for.

Why?

Because they lacked a fundamental commitment to launch an entire culture overhaul (more about this later). Not necessarily “cleaning house,” but changing the WAY people work individually, collaboratively and publicly. The key lies in this trifecta, partnered with the right people on board.

via Why open social collaboration platforms will disrupt the enterprise market in 2013 and beyond - Brian Solis.


3 comments:

  1. My programmer is trying to convince me to move to .net from PHP.
    I have always disliked the idea because of the costs. But
    he's tryiong none the less. I've been using Movable-type on various websites for about a year and am nervous about switching to another platform.
    I have heard excellent things about blogengine.
    net. Is there a way I can transfer all my wordpress posts into it?
    Any help would be really appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first time go to see at here and i am really pleassant to read
    everthing at alone place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there, my name is Diego and I'm a fellow blogger out of Halstead, Great Britain. I like what you guys are up to. There's no doubt that Why open
    social collaboration platforms will disrupt the enterprise market in 2013 and beyond |
    Business Technology Partner is an example of intelligent work and reporting.
    Keep up the good work guys: I’ve put you guys on my blogroll.
    In my opinion it will improve the value of my web site.

    ReplyDelete